— 2024 Conference Competitions —
Our competitions are an annual opportunity to learn from new voices in the field and celebrate the innovation that is being created all around us – by academic researchers, industry practitioners, student teams, and startups alike.
Share your winning paper from the conference stage!
All people analytics practitioners (for profit, non-profit, and public sector) are welcome to apply.
We are looking for novel, actionable, and data-driven insights that can inform professional practice in a wide range of organizations. Past submissions have included topics such as skill identification, employee perks, and behavior change in the workplace…but the options are endless. Bring us your new ideas and insights!
Finalists will be featured on the People Analytics Conference website and the Wharton People Analytics YouTube playlist, with the winning team presenting in-person at the 2024 conference on March 14-15.
- Grounded in empirical research and rich data
- Novel, bespoke, and thought-provoking
- Actionable and practical
- Broadly applicable
- Clear and accessible
- Includes data visualization insights
January 30, 2024: White Paper Submission Deadline
February 16, 2024: Finalists Notified with an Invitation to Present at the Virtual Finals
February 23, 2024: Virtual Finals, where finalists present to judges and the winning paper is announced
March 14-15, 2024: Winner Paper Presented by its Author/s at the 11th Annual Wharton People Analytics Conference
Selecting and Celebrating the Winners
- Finals are conducted virtually 3 weeks prior to the conference. Authors of each paper are provided 8 minutes to present their work, followed by 5 minutes of Q/A with the panel of judges, comprised of experts from industry and academe. Winners are announced at the conclusion of the finals, and receive free tickets to the conference.
- The winners are announced to the broader analytics community, and promoted via all of our social media outlets.
- The winning paper’s presentation at the conference and the entirety of the finals will be shared on our YouTube playlist, and remain posted prominently on our website for the following year.
— Check out the 2023 White Paper Competition Winner —
Teams of practitioners and academics submitted white papers of their latest and greatest work with topics ranging from diversity and inclusion, employee productivity, and inequity in gender wage gaps.
The 2023 winning team of Heather Whiteman and Alex Furman presented The Future of Org1: In Invitae or Out?, which asks students whether people analytics technology solutions are best suited to inform leaders or to guide their decisions.
Watch it here!
Registration is Open!
This year, we are thrilled to partner with PLASTARC for our 11th annual case competition.
Student teams from across the globe are invited to analyze data and create analytics-driven solutions to real-world organizational challenges and compete for $25,000 in cash prizes!
PLASTARC is a social science-based workplace consultancy. By blending qualitative and quantitative research with expertise in design and change leadership, PLASTARC provides clients with unique insights that promote healthier and higher-performing spaces.
Case data will be shared on a rolling basis dependent on registration, so sign-up as soon as possible!
Methodological coherence and robustness
Visualization of insights
Actionability of insights
Clarity and Presentation
- January 24, 2024: Registration Open & Competition Data Released to Registrants
- February 15, 2024: Q&A Session with PLASTARC
- February 17, 2024: Registration Deadline
- February 21, 2024: Submission Deadline
- February 24, 2024: Finalists Notified of Invitation to Present
- February 26, 2024: Virtual Finalist Presentations & Winner Announcement
- March 14-15, 2024: Winner Project Presented by its team at the 11th Annual Wharton People Analytics Conference
Finalists & Winners
- Finals are conducted virtually 3 weeks prior to the conference. Finalist teams are provided 8 minutes to present their work, followed by 5 minutes of Q&A with the panel of judges, comprised of experts from PLASTARC, industry, and academe. Winners are announced at the conclusion of the finals.
- Winning submissions will be awarded $10,000 for 1st place, $8,500 for 2nd place, and $6,500 for 3rd place. First-place winners will receive complimentary tickets for 2024 Wharton People Analytics Conference (a $1,000+ value) and have the opportunity to present their project as part of the conference program.
- The winning team’s presentation at the conference and the entirety of the finals will be shared on our YouTube playlist, and remain posted prominently on our website for the following year.
We would like to thank Prasad Setty for funding the Case Competition prizes.
We appreciate his commitment to enhancing student opportunities and advancing people analytics as a force for good.
— Check out the 2023 Case Competition Winner —
The 10th Annual Case Competition allowed undergraduate and graduate students to analyze real data from a non-profit organization to solve a pressing people-related challenge.
The winning team, Team DASARA from the University of Southern California analyzed data to help Teach for America optimize its corps matching process for placement acceptance and successful corps experiences.
Watch it here!